Winning Affiliate Marketing Strategies
One of the easiest and fastest way to generate income online is through affiliate marketing. What “affiliate marketing” means is that you just send traffic to someone else’s website, they do everything else! (make the product, design the sale page, handle the billing and support, etc.), and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission, which for digital products can be 50% of more.
Here’s just a few benefits
- You’re able to start instantly without having to make a product, set up a website and sales page, design the website, create marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- You have basically zero investment of your time because you don’t have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- You have nearly zero risk because you already know the product sells, because the product owner has already done all the research , development and testing. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.
Obviously affiliate marketing makes sense – these benefits make it a clear winner! You can find more information on affiliate marketing at Wikipedia
The downside is…
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Most of them will not buy on their first visit, which means you’re losing over 90% of the traffic right off the top. The 10% or less that make a purchase now belong to the product owner. She can sell them additional products, but you can never sell to them again.
How can you avoid this pitfall?
Simply put, you need to capture the name and email of your visitors *before* sending them to the product sales page. This way you can follow up with them and keep sending them back to the sales page to increase your chances of making the sale. And if you’re a super star affiliate, you’ll provide high-quality content before sending them to the product website.
Here are the benefits of doing affiliate marketing like this:
- Owning a list of potential buyers gives you the ability to market additional products at the push of a button.
- You’ll be warming them up by providing valuable information and then casually linking to the product sales page in the context of this information.
In order to set a system like this up, you will need the following affiliate marketing tools:
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- At least a few pages of great content
- An email series with at least 5 high-quality content emails
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. Once your visitors have been subscribed to your email series, they are sent to your content pages.
The content pages provide valuable information for your visitors and make them more receptive to the sales message that you’ll link to from inside the content. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
Putting all of these pieces together will increase your sales by 500% or more, so it’s obviously worth the time and energy to do it. And once it’s set up, it runs automatically – you just send visitors to the squeeze page, instead of the product website.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to set it all up yourself, you can use something like Affiliate Silver Bullet. Services like this design the enter system (the video, the video squeeze page, the email series, the content pages, etc). The benefit is that it’s much less expensive then you could do it yourself, and it’s instantly set up. One negative is that there will be other people using this same affiliate marketing system. However, the odds of you and them both finding the same visitor are so small, that it doesn’t really matter.
Another way to accomplish this is to hire “outsourcers” through a website like Elance to build and put your system together for you. The important thing is that you start using affiliate tools like the ones described here right now! Otherwise, you’re wasting your time and money.
We will be very please if you leave your comments and critics on Bloooger’s Blog Affiliate Marketing Secret below.